The Brit Fader Scholarship was established in 1993 by the Halifax Amateur Radio Club and endowed through the generosity of Club members and Radio Amateurs throughout the Maritime Provinces of Canada. This scholarship is intended exclusively for post-secondary educational use to provide assistance with the cost of tuition, room, board, books and/or other fees essential to the advanced education of the recipient, who must be a licensed Canadian Radio Amateur.
The value of the 2023 Scholarship will be $1500.
1) Applicant must be a citizen of Canada, but without regard to gender, race, national origin, handicap status or any other factor and must be performing at a high academic level.
2) Applicant must hold an active Basic Class or higher grade of Canadian Amateur Radio license.
3) This Scholarship will be provided for attendance at an accredited Canadian post-secondary technical school, college or university, with preference given to applicants who have been accepted into a program in the field of electronics or electrical engineering.
4) The Scholarship Committee for the Brit Fader Scholarship shall determine the recipients of the award to be academically superior and the best among the scholarship applicants.
5) Applications will be accepted from any qualified applicant (see above) living anywhere in Canada.
6) The Brit Fader Scholarship Selection Committee shall consider all eligible applicants. Upon the Committee’s recommendation, the Trustees of the Brit Fader Scholarship Trust shall disburse funds.
7) The Trustees of the Brit Fader Scholarship Trust shall manage the Brit Fader Scholarship Trust, set the number of scholarships to be awarded or renewed each year, set the amount of the individual scholarship award, establish the scholarship application process, select the scholarship recipient(s), and disperse award funds.
8) The Trustees of the Brit Fader Scholarship Trust will endeavour to award scholarships, annually, based on the available investment income balance as of December 31 of the preceding year.
9) In any given year, when there is no qualified recipient, no award will be made.
NOTE: Application submissions must either be postmarked or e-mailed no later than
July 6th, 2023. The deadline was extended to August 18th, 2023.
The application form, criteria document and reference form for 2023 are available in the 2023 Application Package. It is recommended that you save this file and then open it on your computer.
Please note that both the application proper and the reference document are both fillable forms — use Adobe Reader or some other PDF reader to fill them in — and both can either be printed and mailed in or saved and e-mailed.
Past Brit Fader Scholarship Awardees:
- Bram Paterson – VA2XE
- Trent Mitchell – VE9EN
- Bram Paterson – VE2XCS
- Alex Cushley – VA3CUS
- Kate English – VA7KJE
- Brendan McDonald – VA3BJM
- Joseph Koechl – VA3KOE
Brit Fader Scholarship Fund status, inquiries: please email Brit Fader Scholarship.
If you wish to make a contribution to the Brit Fader Trust, please download this fillable donation form and follow the instructions on the form.