- The Club
- QSL Bureau
- Swap Shop
We encourage anyone, of any age or background, who has an interest in amateur radio to consider taking a membership with the Halifax Amateur Radio Club. By becoming a member, you will be supporting the many club events, technical projects, and community support activities that the club is involved in.
In addition, we provide a fun and social atmosphere where one can feel free to get information on the latest aspects of ham radio or even solicite advice or help. Our members have a wide variety of knowledge and are glad to help. Please check our website, for information on the many things we are involved in.
As of 20 April 2017, there are the following paid-up (2017) members in the Halifax Club:
Life = 4
Full = 109
Associate = 28
TOTAL = 141
RAC Members = 51
The membership year runs from January 1st to December 31st; we are now taking 2017 membership dues which can be paid any time now.
Starting in 2014, the Halifax Amateur Radio Club yearly dues for a full member increased by $5 to a total of $30.00, with the additional $5 going to the NSARA and each full member will automatically become a member of the NSARA. Members receive the HARC newsletter - Reflector - in electronic (PDF) format; an additional $10.00 is required of members wishing to receive a hard copy mailed to their home address.
HARC 2015 Membership Fee Structure
|Full Member (licensed amateurs only)*||$30.00|
|Associate Member (no voting privileges)||$15.00|
|Family Membership*||$45.00 (2 family members)|
|Each additional family member (Full Member)*||$15.00|
*All Full Members will also receive membership in NSARA (Nova Scotia Amateur Radio Association)
NOTE: All members receive a copy of the Club newsletter - Reflector - by email each month. Those wishing to receive a "hard copy" of the newsletter by mail will be required to pay an additional $10.00.
Membership Registration Process
Any one of the following three ways will work:
(1) Simply down-load and save our new Fillable PDF membership form to your computer. Then we recommend that you open it using Adobe Reader, which you can download for free from their website; then fill in the form and print out a copy and mail it along with appropriate cheque payment to our postal address.
(2)Interac e-Transfer The process to do an Interac e-Transfer is as follows:
- a) Simply down-load and save our new fillable membership application form to your computer. Then open it in your .pdf reader - we recommend Adobe Reader; fill it in and save it to your computer. Then, e-mail Howard VE1DHD our Membership Chair email@example.com and cc: Jim Guilford our Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your completed membership application form clearly indicating in the body of your e-mail that you are paying by Interac e-money transfer. Also, be sure to include in that email the security question that Jim will need to then transfer your membership funds into our HARC bank account.
- b) Then, go to your on-line banking site and send an Interac e-money transfer to our Treasurer (Jim Guilford) email@example.com; DO NOT send this to Howard.
- c) Once Jim receives the money and has deposited it to the HARC account, he will confirm with you and he will cc: Howard.
- d) Howard will then issue a 2017 e-Membership Card by email confirming that your 2017 membership has been paid.
(3) Alternatively, you can come to one of our monthly club meetings and Howard (VE1DHD) our Membership Chair will be happy to renew your membership.
Do you have any inquiries or comments? Send us an email.
Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC)
The Halifax Amateur Radio Club is a RAC Affiliated Club and encourages all of its members to join RAC, our National organization.
Simply print off the , RAC membership form, then mail it with appropriate payment to the RAC Ottawa address on the form.